I should’ve titled it “Coming Out of the Closet” just to watch my small hometown peeps go crazy thinking they were about to get major Alicia gossip…..but I have to think of my mother 😝
In an effort to be a better me this year, I decided to start trying to improve finances by grounding myself from new clothes. I have enough clothes to open my own small boutique (no I am not exaggerating). I decided to make whatever I already had work and only buy something new if it was necessary (or if it was free). Thus, the shopping in my closet launch.
So far, I would just snap pics of whatever outfit I was wearing for the day in an effort to show others that:
1) you can still be fashionable and create out of what you already have
2) big girls can be cute too
3) cute doesn’t have to mean expensive all the time (but I will not deny the happiness a spend brings every now and again).
This has been so much fun. And people have been so much nicer than I expected, that this weekend I got a bit braver. I spent the weekend really digging into just how much I could put together. I enlisted the help of a friend to use my pro camera for more legit pics (orrrrrr maybe I just wanted to feel like I could hang with those other cool fashion bloggers – no worries though- I am not claiming to even hold a candle to that group). We had a ton of fun and from my 2×2 camera screen I REALLY liked what I saw. The process itself was exhausting though. Who knew??!!
Yeah. So, I REALLY liked what I saw (and hopefully you will too. Pics shown here are a collection of what I have put together in past posts)….until I loaded them on my computer screen.
Not the prettiest, definitely not the skinniest…and sadly working on repairing some damage and harsh words from someone that I thought cared…..
I have felt so disgusting and was not kind to myself. I had no idea these health issues and other factors would do such a number on me. I have felt “not good enough” for a while now.
THEN I REMEMBERED that I have cute clothes to cover it all up with 😝. As Anita Renfro says “If you can’t lose it, decorate it!”
I decided that I will give hurtful people and horrible thoughts about myself no more energy. Skinny or fat, my heart is still the same size (I don’t mind being a 2x in that department)!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Shopping in my closet has been fun. After this weekend of putting more stuff together, I can ground myself from shopping just a bit longer!!
Sharing my whole body with the interwebs is HARD (especially when I am the biggest that I have ever been). So thank you for letting me share and thank you for being kind!! Can’t wait to show you what I dug out this weekend! It’s going to be a fun week!
1. There will be repeat pieces. But isn’t that what makes it so cool (that I can mix up so much)?
2. Be nice. Be nice. Be nice.
3. You don’t have to like what I do. You do you. But you don’t get to make me feel bad for me doing me and feeling confident about it.
4. Share! Share! Share! Wouldn’t it be SO COOL if everyone shared their closet from time to time?? LET’S SEE IT!! What can you put together? Heck, let’s issue a hashtag so we can all follow it too!! #shoppinginmycloset
Ohhhhh this is going to be soooooooo fun!!!!